Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pular Fuuta

The title of today's post is the name of the language I am currently studying and will be speaking for most of my service in Senegal. If you know anything about this language, good for you, I only heard of it the morning I found out I would be learning it. Pular Fuuta is primarily spoken in the south of the country which has the most wildlife and natural beauty so I excited know what my future site will look like.
Tomorrow I begin community based training, for many people this is the most difficult part. I'll be commuting to training at a local site while staying with a host family relatively close to Thies (pronounced "Chess," by the way.) The family will only be speaking Pulat Fuuta and I will have to keep up, this will be particularly difficult considering I have only had two language classes. I won't have internet access for a while so don't expect any updates for about a week. I'll be sure to post more pictures and tell you all about my host family and community.

No comments:

Post a Comment