Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pictures!

This is Ben, the volunteer who hosted me during my stay en Kedogou, with a  couple of the many piles of mangoes I saw during my stay. 

I spent one night in a village similar to the one I'll be living in.  When we arrived they were putting a new roof on the chief's hut.  The chief is the man in the center of the photo, we ate lunch, rice with peanut sauce, with him after work was finished. 

Some workers adding the finishing elements to the roof. The  chief's hut is  is the largest in this village. I don't have a picture of my hut yet but it's a fraction of the size of this one. 

Me carrying a bucket of water on my head.

See above.

I wasn't able to take any pictures in my village during my brief visit there. This is a photo of another village nearby which looks very similar.

This was taken in the yard of my host family's compound in Sangalkam.  We had just finished making a batch of neem lotion, a sort of home-made bug repellent. From left to right: Anna, Katie, my host father Ibrihima making tea, and my Pular teacher Pape.

No comments:

Post a Comment