Friday, April 27, 2012

Back from Kedougou

I've actually been back from Kedogou for about two weeks but I've spent the bulk of that time in Sangalkam and haven't had internet access. My visit to my future site was amazing. My village is about 90- minutes away from the regional capital by mountain bike and involves crossing a river by rope ferry.The village has a population of 300 and is close to the Guinean border. The scenery and the wildlife are incredible, I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I came face to face with monkeys and a warthog and woke up to a four foot snake entering my hut through the roof. It was a bit scary to say the least. This weekend I'll be meeting my counterparts, a teacher and a women's group leader, who I will be working with when I install. I'm a bit nervous about the language barrier but I've been told the teacher speaks French so we should be able to communicate reasonably well. I'll be staying in Thies for a little while so I'll update my blog as frequently as I can while I have internet. Check back tomorrow for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment