Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm going to Kédougou!

I found out this afternoon that I'll be serving for two years in the South-Eastern region of Kédougou, known for its wildlife, waterfalls and and abundant vegetation. I'll be working in a small village of 300 people and living in a one room hut with a thatched roof. All I know about my living space so far is that it is located near, but separate from, a family compound. I won't have electricity, or plumbing. I am going to be the first volunteer ever to serve in this particular town so I have no idea what type of project I'll be doing. Tomorrow morning I will be leaving for Kédougou to spend a week with a volunteer currently stationed there and visit my host village. The ride takes between 8 and 14 hours ( I asked several people and got different answers) and goes through a national park which I've herd has some impressive wildlife. I'll be sure to post some pictures as soon as I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment