Saturday, April 7, 2012

In Thies again

I'm back at the Peace Corps center in Thies after two weeks with my host family in Sangalkam. I'm sorry to report that my camera ran out of battery power the same day I arrived at my host family's site so I don't have any new pictures. I'll be sure to post pictures of my host family and my new Senegalese clothes in the near future. Since I returned I tested novice-high in Pular Fuuta which means I'm right where I should be with my language. I'll be learning the location of my permanent site on Tuesday and leaving the next day to visit it for a week. I suspect I'll be located somewhere in the south near Guinea. I was very excited to learn that this region has wild baboons and avocados. I'm also excited for Easter, it will be my first day off in over a month. I'm going to bed now but I'll be sure to post again tomorrow or the next day. Take care.

1 comment: